Roof Repair & Maintenance Services
A Responsive Team at Your Service
We understand that a leaky or damaged roof can be frustrating, which is why Achten’s Quality Roofing has a dedicated crew available to respond to your emergency repair needs 24/7. Our customers are pleasantly surprised to know that we pick up the phone after hours and even show up on their doorsteps in an emergency! We’re a company that goes above and beyond to care for our customers.
Disaster & Emergency Repairs
When a disaster hits, you need to act fast to prevent further damage and return your home or commercial building to normal as quickly as possible. Our estimators will work around your schedule. They’ll set an appointment to assess the damage and provide an estimate for your repair job. Once you accept the bid, our team will put you on schedule to do the roof repair.
Achten’s Quality Roofing will tarp off a damaged roof within 24 hours. We are a fast-paced, responsive team that understands your urgency.
Your roof is probably the most neglected part of your home. If you recently moved into a home and don’t know the last time the roof was checked and just want peace of mind – call us for a free consultation. Our knowledgeable team can easily diagnose problems and give you the answers you need.
7 Key Danger Signals
You may not know whether your roof is in need of repair until it’s too late. If you see any of these symptoms in your home, it’s time to call a specialist.
- Leaks in the attic: After a harsh storm or heavy rain, check your attic to see if there are any leftover signs of leaking. Ice damming can also cause water to seep through if you don’t have adequate shingle underlayment or if the installed flashing has deteriorated.
- Blistering, peeling or stains and mold: When your walls start to peel or stain, it’s very likely that the attic has poor ventilation or faulty shingle underlayment. Make sure that the air in the attic flows freely from the soffit ridge to reduce humidity. Dryers should also vent to the outside. In serious cases of poor ventilation, mold and mildew may occur due to the excessive moisture.
- Exterior decay: Poor attic ventilation can also cause excess moisture, which can result in decay. One way to combat the problem is to put the vapor barrier between the insulation and the inside of the house to reduce the amount of moisture that goes into the wall and help moisture escape from the wall.
- Missing, cracked or curled shingles: If you see that your shingles are brittle and break when touched, this means that they need to be replaced. Consider getting a new roof or, if the problem is less severe, repairing the portions that are faulty.
- Dark, dirty-looking areas on the roof: If your roof is covered with vegetation, fungus, mold or algae growth, or if the granules have been lost, it doesn’t mean that you need to replace your whole roof. In less severe cases, a cleaning may easily solve your problem, but this just means that you need to be proactive and get the problem taken care of prior to it getting worse. Another more permanent solution is using GAF’s StainGuard® protection, which protects your roof against unsightly blue-green algae and increases curb appeal.
- Excessive energy costs: Poor attic ventilation can also lead to excessive heat and expensive energy bills. In warmer weather, inadequate ventilation will trap hot air in the attic, leaving your home hotter and causing your air conditioner to work harder. Ultimately, whether the weather is hot or cold, moisture can drip down into the insulation, reduce its effectiveness and potentially increase energy costs.
Get a Free Estimate Today